top of page
● 8 cups milk, scalded
● 1 cup sugar
● 1 teaspoon salt
● 1 tablespoon real vanilla bean paste
● 12 eggs, blended
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, scald milk.
2. When milk has a “skin” on the top, turn off heat and add sugar, salt and vanilla.
3. In a large blender, blend eggs.
4. While the blender is on low, carefully remove lid and slowly add 1 cup hot milk mixture to eggs.
5. Pour remaining milk into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Slowly add egg mixture while whisking with a wire whisk to blend eggs and milk.
6. Place in oven and bake for an hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
7. Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg if desired.
bottom of page